Friday, October 22, 2010

"Okay, girls... Get in closer to the T-Rex and smiiiiile!"


**Disclaimer: Yes, I know this particular dino is not a T-Rex, but the one behind him is! :)

Most mornings go according to plan: Bright-eyed kids by, or before, 7am (Lord, help me), breakfast, get dressed & ready to get out, GO somewhere. This morning, however, the girls and I stayed in our jammies until after 10:30am! :) What to do on the afternoon of a cold day that got off track in the morning? Hit up the free museums!

The girls are at the perfect age for this because they are VERY into dinosaurs right now. I was surprised at how well it kept their attention! The displays were incredible... even from my perspective as a "usually-not-so-crazy-about-museums" kind of girl. I really enjoyed it. (Maybe it's just because I'M the parent now and I have full control over how quickly we go through the exhibits!) :) Of course, we stopped at the gift shop on the way out to pick up a souvenir for each girl. I used to LOVE souvenirs... best part of the trip as a little kid! But, when you're living in the "trip," souvenirs are not a common thing. The girls were due for a little something. They had about as much fun shopping for the souvenirs as they did with the dinosaur bones!

So, the day was saved! Thanks, free museums, for sending us back on our way a little more educated and a lot more exhausted. Bedtime routine made easy. :) ...Now, what to do tomorrow?



Below: Avery wanted to take a picture of me and she asked me to point at the sky... Didn't really want to point at the sky, but I now have a new sympathy for my children when I ask them to do silly things for the camera!



Moving out of dinosaurs and into artifacts...

Below: Avery posing with the Egyptian Mummy and giving us her best "Mummy face"






Running around outside the museum...


No comments:

Post a Comment