Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's not the menu, but the memories that count. :)

Today was Thanksgiving Day, but I must admit it looked a little ordinary from our vantage point. Collin had a full schedule today, so we decided to observe our family Thanksgiving this weekend. But I couldn't just let the day pass without acknowledging that it was THE Thanksgiving Day! ...and I hadn't planned any special Thanksgiving-y things ahead of time, so I knew I'd be shooting from the hip... Thankfully, we found a live-feed of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade online, so we spent our afternoon glued to the computer screen! Our "feast" was pretty poor... Come to think of it, I didn't even have a vegetable on the plate! Hopefully the girls will get their fill of the good stuff when we have a proper Thanksgiving meal in a few days. Our ordinary day was peppered with several fun moments, but tears did find me a time or two. However, every longing for home was soothed in a sweet Skype conversation with my family as they had just finished their feast. It did such good things for my heart to see their sweet faces-- I felt, in some strange way, like I was right there with them. No turkey and dressing and not a single bite of pumpkin pie, but at the end of the day I felt absolutely full of all good things.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Love, hugs & extra gravy to all...

(Avery & I making a Pumpkin Pie in the days leading up to Turkey Day! Please disregard our tiny kitchen in the background.) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment